JULIE A. ARMSTRONG Psy.D. RNCS QME
Areas of Forensic expertise for the purposes of Civil litigation includes:
- Independent Medical Evaluations for allegations of Personal Injury Claims, Psychological Disability, and Emotional Distress claims, including Post Traumatic Stress and Catastrophic injury claims.
- Psychological Evaluations for allegations of personal injury and emotional distress (including malingering) in Labor and Employment Law related issues, including defense against wrongful termination, and claims of sexual and other harassment, and bullying.
- Expertise in the forensic evaluation of Children and Adolescents in Personal Injury and Emotional Distress cases, trauma and catastrophic injury.
- Available to travel for Consultation, Psychological Assessment and Evaluation or accompanied repatriation (Domestic or International)
Available to conduct Agreed and Qualified Medical Evaluations in Worker's Compensation cases,
with satellite offices throughout Southern California and San Jose.
- June 1996 - Psy. D. Pepperdine University
Dissertation: Childhood Abuse in Nurses. Trained in crisis debriefing, treatment of trauma (PTSD, acute and chronic), individual and group psychotherapy.
- June 1990 - M.N. University of California, Los Angeles
- June 1988 - B.S.N. Consortium of California State Colleges and Universities
- 6/98-Present Private Practice, Licensed Psychologist, Clinical Nurse Specialist
- 8/99-6/2007 Santa Monica College Psychologist, Campus Psychological Svcs.
- 2/92-6/99 Psychosocial Resource Nurse: Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Emergency Room/Trauma Center
- 4/83-8/92 Registered Nurse: UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital & Institute.
- Current Faculty, Work Comp Central: How to write a ratable Psyche Report, parts I & II
- 6/94-August 2007 University of Phoenix, Associate Faculty
Undergraduate and Graduate level nursing courses.
- 6/90-2002 California State Univ., Dominguez Hills, Assoc. Nursing Faculty
Psycho-Social implications of Traumatic Brain Injury. 10th Annual Neuro-Rehab Conference, Loma Linda University. Sponsored by the Center for Neuro Skills. 10/21/2011.
The Global Assessment of Functioning Scale: Rating Psychological Injuries. Day
with the Doctors, State of California Worker's Compensation Adjudication Board. July 17, 2010.
The Global Assessment of Functioning Scale: Rating Psychological Injury, Critique of a Psych Eval, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Psycho-Social implications of Traumatic Brain Injury.Hanna Brophy Academy, multiple
Wicked Attractions The Investigation Discovery (ID) Channel, Expert on camera Psychologist
for 9 episodes Blood Brothers, The Golden Years, Built for Murder, Calm Before the Storm, Bad Fortune, The Golden Buddha, Lesbians and the Little Man, The Jaycee Lee Dugard Story and Rebel with a Deadly Cause. 5 Additional episodes, not yet aired. M2 Productions, 2009-2013.
An Overview of the Work of Jacques Lacan: A comparison with the work of Bernard Bail, unpublished, 2006.
The Irony of Darwin: Infant Personality Development. Presented at the American Psychological Association, Division 39 Annual meeting, Minneapolis, MN, 2003.
Identification of Suicidal Fantasies in Virtual Reality Simulation Games 9/21-23 1999, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Quantico, Va. (Paper published by the FBI in Collected Papers on Suicide and Law Enforcement, 2000.)
The More Dead: Investigating the Murders in the Mexican Maquila Int. Association of Forensic Sciences, Aug. 1999. (Co-Presented with Patrick Callahan, Ph.D.)
El Depredadors: Murder in Mexico Presented at the 5th Annual International Investigative Psychology Conference, London 9/98. (Abstract published in 5th Annual International Investigative Psychology Conference Proceedings).
The Peter Tilden Show, KABC Talkradio 790, Los Angeles. Multiple guest appearances.
- Licensed Psychologist, California (Ca Psy 16001)
- Registered Nurse, California (RN363062)
- Certified Clinical Nurse Spec. CA (CNS 004)
- Public Health Nurse, California
- Qualified Medical Evaluator
- Content Expert, CA Board of Psychology
- Expert Witness, CA Board of Registered Nurses
- Nat'l. Reg. Health Service Psychologist #45980
More than 25 depositions in civil and worker's compensation cases, and 6-8 court appearances. Work is done on behalf of plaintiff vs. defense, approximately evenly (50-50).
Case Experience A partial listing...
- Jul 13, 2003 - Bruscato vs Gwinnett,Rockdale Newton Community Service Board, GA
- Aug 18, 2007 - Bianchi vs. Arizona Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
- Aug 17, 2006 - Loveless vs Ca BRN
- Jun 22, 2007 - Rho vs. Cafe New York, New York,. et al
- Jul 20, 2006 - Roberta Scott vs BRN
- Feb 16, 2006 - Leonard vs Leonard
- Nov 13, 2008 - Gomez Family (3) vs Americanos Tonopah (Greyhound Bus)
- Nov 30, 2008 - Class action vs Angeles Abbey
- Apr 1, 2009 - Weissberg vs. County of LA
- May 9, 2009 - Schaeffer vs. MontevIsta Hosp.
- Apr 22, 2009 - Lara vs. LAUSD
- Jun 28, 2009 - Krejci vs United Parcel Service
- August 8, 2012 - Dampier vs. County of Los Angeles
Back to Top